this.todaytext = "
| On This Day in History ...|
- 1796 - Birth of Harootyoon Alamdaryan in Astrakhan (Russia). He died in 1834.
- 1930 - The first issue of the Kurdish newspaper "Rya taza" is published in Yerevan.
- 1944 - Death of academician Manook Abelyan (armenologist) in Yerevan. He was born in 1865.
- 1946 - Opening of the Second Congress of Armenian Writers. The subsequent ones took place in 1954, 1959, and 1966.
- 1963 - Opening of the First Congress of Inventors and Rationalists. The next one took place in 1965.